How to define your customer base ?
A company that wants to define its clientele usually creates a persona. It is a marketing tool that helps to know precisely the expectations of its customers, their needs, their behavior, and several other very important information. We suggest you discover in the following, the essential to know to define your customer base in order to optimize your marketing strategy.
Why design a marketing persona to define your customers ?
For a company that wants to ensure its development, the step that consists in define your customer base is not to be taken lightly. It is thanks to it that you will be able to know precisely to whom you address your products or services. You can adapt accordingly to improve your marketing campaigns and the quality of your offers.
To achieve this, the best solution is to create a marketing persona. Why ? Simply because it is the best way to know the target of a company. This tool allows you to segment the potential clientele of the company, according to their typology, in order to better understand their buying behavior and their needs.
More precisely, a marketing persona can help you in the decision making process for the design of a new product or service. It helps you to :
- Communicate and share a common vision
- Synthesize in a document all the ideas from interviews, prospecting and observations of the target
- Create empathy for users even those who seem unapproachable.
Thus, once you get to create a complete persona With all the necessary information about your target, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- The optimization of the purchase path of the company’s customers
- Optimized natural referencing, with content that is both effective and of real interest to the customer
- More precise targeting thanks to a better knowledge of the audience
- improved conversion rates on your web pages
- Creating an editorial line that is much more relevant to your audience
- Improving the customer experience, etc.
If you don’t know how to go about it, this downloadable persona sheet should help you get a clear idea of what to do.
How to understand your customers’ needs and expectations ?
Successfully designing a persona means first and foremost understanding the expectations and needs of your customers. To achieve this, you will need a team of sales agents who are good at prospecting. They will be able to interview customers and prospects, in order to know them better. Among the questions to ask during such an operation we find :
- What is your age ?
- How much revenue do you have? ?
- What are your consumption habits ?
- What is your family situation ?
- How often do you use digital tools ?
- What are your objectives ?
- What are your needs or issues ?
- What are the challenges you face ?
- What tool do you use to learn about company products or the competition’s products ?
- Are you a decision maker in your company ?
- Are you in a position of responsibility ?
- What are your expectations regarding the product that the company is offering ?
- What would make you choose the company’s products rather than those of the competition ?
- What prevents you from buying a product that could interest you ?
Why is it important to know your target audience ?
It is important for any business that wants to grow to know Know your target audience well, because it is with this information that the company will be able to adapt its products and services according to the needs of its. Knowing your target audience allows you to anticipate their needs, and if possible, to create new offers that would be more likely to interest them.
This way, you increase your chances of making sales, thus contributing to the growth of your turnover’business. In other words, knowing your target is just another way to help your business grow.
To summarize, the creation of a persona is simply the best way for a company to define its customers.